Dr. Rolando M Melendez
We analyze your needs carefully
Dr. Melendez was inspired to become a podiatrist because of a love of science, as well as a deep desire to connect with other people and to help them.
Dr. Melendez completed his Bachelor of Science in Industrial Microbiology degree at the University Puerto Rico at Mayaguez. He then went on to complete his podiatric medicine and surgery degree at the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio. He was accepted into a residency position at Millcreek Community Hospital in Erie, Pennsylvanian where he was extensively trained in all aspect of foot and ankle medicine and surgery. He also completed a Masters in Medical Education degree at the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine concurrently with his residency training. Dr. Melendez has participated as a medical volunteer in Latin American medical missions.
Dr. Melendez has comprehensive knowledge and training in all aspects of both pediatric and adult lower extremity conditions. His specialty is reconstructive and trauma surgery of the foot and ankle, and diabetic limb salvage. Thanks to an invisible stitch technique, there are minimal scars after surgery. He currently holds staff appointments at New York Presbyterian Queens Hospital, Flushing Hospital Medical Center, Wyckoff Heights Hospital, and Gramercy Surgery Center-Queens.
Dr. Melendez is a native Spanish speaker. He loves to engage with his patients, and to form lasting relationships. He believes in clear and honest communication, as well as mutual respect.
Dr. Melendez is is currently accepting new patients at all our office locations.
Dr. Shweta Raina
Dr Shweta Raina
Dr. Raina was inspired to become a podiatrist due to a life-long love of both art and science, which she felt was most perfectly combined in the practice of podiatric medicine and surgery.
She was born in Srinagar, India, and her family immigrated to the United States in 1995, settling down in the suburbs of Washington, DC. She grew up in a family of doctors, and volunteered at Virginia and DC-area hospitals for several years before starting her formal medical training.
She earned her Bachelor of Science in Biology degree from George Mason University in Fairfax, VA and her Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree from the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine in Cleveland, OH.
Growing up, Dr. Raina always dreamed of one day becoming a “real” New Yorker, and this dream was realized when she was accepted to a four-year Podiatric Surgery residency at New York Hospital Queens in Flushing, NY. She was trained in comprehensive conservative and surgical management of foot and ankle pathology, took in-house call at a Level-I trauma center, and performed surgery with both podiatrists and foot and ankle orthopedists. Her research interests included investigations into abnormal plantar skin temperatures in neuropathic patients, vascular malformations of the foot, and management of Lisfranc (midfoot) fracture-dislocations.
Dr. Raina has a warm and friendly demeanor. She believes in taking a “whole-body” approach to the podiatric patient – taking into account the complete history and systemic medical conditions as well as the patient’s age and lifestyle before coming up with a treatment plan. She also believes in empowering her patients to be their own advocates — giving a full explanation of the diagnosis and discussing all the options for management before proceeding with treatment.
I believe in protecting the confidentiality of my patients and providing the best treatments.
My invisible stitch technique decrease visible scars after surgery in the majority of patients.
My services are fully optimized to guarantee the satisfaction of my patients.
- Clinical and surgical Courses AAPPM New Practitioner Seminar, Coraopolis, PA May, 2013
- Coding Seminar ICD-10 and HIPAA, Columbus, OH April, 2013
- ACFAS Arthroscopy Course, Rosemont, IL December 2012
- Orthohelix Podiatric Dissection Course. Henderson, NV October,2012
- AO Podiatric Advance Course, Bonita Spring, FL September,2012
- Fix it, fuse it, frame it: Foot and ankle course, August,2012
- OsteoMed-Advanced Solutions in Foot Surgery, August 2012
- Acumed Podiatric Symposium, Cadaveric course, July 2012
- American Burn Association Life Support Course,July, 2012
- Biomet Foot & Ankle Symposium, Miami, FL June 2012
- Forefoot Arthrodesis Surgical Course, Jersey City, NJ Nov,2011
- Rearfoot Athrodesis Surgical Course, Jersey City, NJ Nov,2011
- AO Podiatric Basic Course, La Jolla, CA, August 2011
- Essentials of External Fixation Course, New York, NY June,2011
- Ohio College of Podiatry Medicine, 2010.
- Millcreek Community Hospital, 2013.
- University of Puerto Rico, 2006.
- Master in Medical Education 2013